- A vibrant network of engaged professionals committed to knowledge sharing and advancing the discipline of change management
- To encourage professional development through member meetings, networking, peer learning and collaboration;
- To advocate for members and not their organizations;
- To encourage member participation and Chapter representation in related conferences, workshops and webinars;
- To promote the ACMP Global strategy within the Greater Toronto Area.
ACMP Global was established as a result of the World Café exercise conducted at the 2009 change management conference and was formally incorporated as a not-for-profit global association in early 2011.
A task force worked with the organization to develop the best approach for local ACMP members to connect. In March of 2012, ACMP Global approved the creation of six pilot areas across all continents to support local, member driven activity
The Toronto Chapter was created in 2012 as one of these pilot areas. Beginning with 40 members and led by a steering committee of seven professionals, it held a launch event in October 2012 to announce its presence and capture thoughts and ideas for chapter development and growth. The 40+ attendees helped to demonstrate the success of the pilot chapter and the interest to create a permanent Toronto Chapter.
In January 2013, a transitional board of directors was confirmed by the membership, providing a more stable platform to build the chapter. The transitional board was make up of the steering committee members who took on more established and familiar roles: Richard Batchelor as President, Cindy Smith as Vice President, Carol Arshoff as Secretary, Sharon O’Meara as Treasurer, Kathy Cowan Sahadath as Director of Communications, Jayme Johnson as Director of Member Relations and Karen Sedore as Director of Events.