Registration for the 2019 Program will open in early 2019.
In May 2018, the ACMP Toronto Chapter launched its first Mentoring Program to support the growing community of change management professionals and individuals in other fields looking to join the profession.
What is the Mentoring Program about?
The Mentoring Program is a one-to-one relationship between mentors and mentees focused on (1) orientation to the change management profession, (2) career development within the profession, and (3) enhancement of change management competencies. Issues and situations discussed during the Program are strictly confidential between mentor and mentee.
Who can be a Mentor?
A mentor is a change management professional from any industry with over five (5) years of experience, who voluntarily provides friendly mannered advice to less experienced change management practitioners or individuals from other fields interested in joining the change management profession. Must be an ACMP member in good standing.
Who can be a Mentee?
A mentee is someone with limited experience in change management from any industry or a newcomer to the change management profession, looking to obtain advice from a seasoned professional. Must be an ACMP member in good standing. Mentees are typically employed as or seeking the role of one of the following:
- Change manager, Organizational change manager, or Change lead involved in business transformation or business process improvement.
- Project manager or related positions responsible for ensuring adoption and realization of benefits.
- Training and communication professional working with teams on large roll-outs.
- Human resource (HR) professional supporting business transformation efforts.
- Knowledge management specialist transforming the way companies collaborate and use knowledge.
What is the time commitment?
The Mentoring Program runs for eight (8) months from May to December. During this period, mentors and mentees will complete 24 hours of mentoring time, and six (6) hours of mandatory in-person training sessions (3 meetings, 2 hours each) scheduled by the Program’s Coordinating Team.
Registration: Will open in early 2019 for the 2019 Program. More details to follow closer to the date.
PDUs: Both mentors and mentees, if they are CCMP holders, can each earn up to 30 PDUs.
FAQs: click HERE